Sunday 7 February 2010

Step 1...

Weight: Unknown
Waist size: Unknown
Current Dress Size: 18
Weight Loss:
Doom Day: 730

So here we go.

I have fought for a while now with an ever expanding waist based entirely on the fact that I would ALWAYS rather indulge on chocolate, crisps, bacon and all the other wonders of the food world. However, Mr M has successfully completed his before and after shot so I feel that I am duty bound to do the same.

Let me begin by saying that my motivation for change is minuscule. I love eating, smoking, drinking and spending every available second sat on a sofa watching whatever American show has just been released (currently working my way through Cougar Town). So I figured that if I was really going to have any chance in succeeding with this I would need an incentive.

The more I write the more you will understand. I'm a drama teacher so under that heading I invest time in showing pupils how to be creative. The demonstration is only successful because I have spent the past 24 years doing the same. In my head I imagine my body looks like Penelope Cruz, and then spend the rest of the time convincing myself that this is indeed the case. Call me insane but this has worked...until now. Last night I rolled over onto my side and saw my stomach flop over and take over half the bed.

I might at this point add that I have been known to exaggerate.

I realised then that something was very wrong. When I was at boarding school I was told by Drewdy that everyone should have 1inch of fat on their stomach. I have spent everyday since then changing the metric system to accommodate. I am now assuring you all that 1 inch is in fact 15 cm.

So back to last night...

I looked down and felt a small twang (emphasis on small) of guilt. So using this I am creating my list of incentives to change

  1. Mr M has informed me that he will propose if I reach a UK size 12. I'm sure that this will be based on Topshop sizes but I'll go with that.
  2. I have always wanted to be a runner. BJ has always made it look effortless and I want to pull off the same grace.
  3. I want to raise £1000 for the British Heart Foundation.
So the plan is simple. By February 2012 I will be running a half marathon, raising £1000 for British Heart Foundation, and wearing a shockingly huge diamond from Mr M.

Today is the final day. I plan to smoke, drink, eat and not move from the couch...savouring ever second for what could be the last time.

The reason I'm 'bloggin' all of this is that I need you lot out there to stop my from giving in and being my fourth incentive. I accept kind abuse if it makes me shift my butt away from the mars bar (or double decker dipped in a sugar tea...oh god!) and towards the gym.

On Monday I have a health check up...I'll let you know the damage then.

Blubber Mountain here I come...I think.

2 comments:

  1. Go for it sweetie, u know i will be with you every step of the way. Did i say size 12??
    Love ya
    Mr M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me a while to work out that Mr M wasn't Mr Motivator. Anyway sounds like a plan. ECM xx

    ReplyDelete