Monday 8 February 2010

Step 2...

Weight: 94.46 kg
Waist: Unknown
Dress Size:18
Weight loss:
Doom Day:729

So today was day 1. Step 2, but day 1. Today was horrendous. It was like karma knew that i was beginning a long journey and decided to remind just how bloody awful it might be.

Pain 1: In the middle of an official observation the fire alarm went off. I forgot my jacket and had to stand outside for 15 minutes.
Pain 2: General hormonal teenagers meeting chocolate biscuit craving teacher (I went for herbal tea instead...yummy.)
Pain 3: Stupid train lady. If you can imagine the most irritating jobs-worth asking for a ticket. When she refused my rail card I immediately imitated the teens that I had spent all day with and said the dreaded word 'whatever'. Which respectable person over the age of 16 says that?
Pain 4: I stomped home to find the gate jammed.

I could go on, but I think in the end I was just trying to find things that could be wrong.

Then I went to the gym. Now...you may think that this was a big step but the reality is it was not the most committed attempt. I did 20 mins on the treadmill (13 minutes running, 7 walking), 5 minutes on the cross trainer and then just gave up. It is such an appalling mentality but I did it none the less. I was tired but not exhausted...I was sweaty, but not dripping. So as a self punishment I weighed myself and then organised a Health MOT.

I can't write this blog without talking about THAT weight. I can't say I'm surprised...but it's still not far off 100.

Needed a new incentive so here is number 5

5) Complete 5 km Race for Life run on 4th July.
[http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/janetchalmers3]

I must run not waddle. Potentially with the grace of BJ.
I have ordered a size 12-14 t-shirt as incentive number 6.

The next time I write I may be an absolute wreck. The Health MOT will be a wake-up call...

One tiny step up the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment