Thursday 18 February 2010

Step 3...

Weight:92kg
Waist/hip ratio: 0.78
B.M.I: 33 (obese)
Dress Size:18
Weight loss: 2kg
Doom Day: 719

Health MOT day today. It hurt...bad. It began with an aggressive gaze and led to a sympathetic one. He also reminded me that he was always there to talk to. Like the results would tip me over the edge. Felt like saying 'I'm fat...you're probably talking to the happiest person in the room because I eat what I want!'

Anyway, I'm jumping ahead. My single gym visit resulted in nausea and ear-ache, proving my theory that the gym can make you ill. So it might have been the fact that Steve had a cold and I picked up another version of it but its great to be able to find an excuse already to avoid the gym.

Anyway, after an almost 'behaving well' week I went to the MOT. The first thing that he checked was my weight. Now I'm quite chuffed at the fact that in 10 days i have lost over 2kg. Yes, I have been ill and barely able to eat, but i will take weight loss wherever it comes.

We progressed then onto height leading to my BMI. First frown and finger point.

Can i just remind you all that as a teacher myself i have perfected the 'I am disappointed in you' finger and frown combination. I felt my first red face come on. He looked away pleased with this response.

We then went on to resting heart rate...answer:very poor. My finger/frown, more red face. Blood fine, cholesterol fine.

I was relieved when he measured my waist/hip ratio that he didn't have to bring out another tape measure. Result: Very poor, frown/finger, scarlet face.

His parting words consisted of trying to sell me personal training sessions. By the way 'he's always there for a chat if I need it'. (Full circle back to start of blog)

I hated the fact that the whole way through the MOT I couldn't stop thinking about food. I'm thinking its because the more he told me off the more I wanted to escape to temptation heaven.

So the gym programme begins. I have my 5 km in 19 weeks and 3 days and still have the drive to get there. No more faffing..time to start getting my trunk empty.

Another tiny step up the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment